Nick's Kids is a youth soccer program that redefines what childhood means for kids in Nickerson Gardens. Nick's Kids believes that every child should experience childhood through the lens of positivity: surround oneself with positive role models and a positive environment to ensure a positive future.
- Age: 6 and older
- Where: Nickerson Gardens Housing & 109th Street Park
- When: Fridays at 3 p.m.
- Start and End Date: Year-round
- Leaders: Officer Jeff Joyce, Lupita Valdovinos, and Gabriel Banuelos
- Get Involved: Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://nickskids.org/
Meet Roderick and Jeff
Here’s what fifteen-year-old Roderick has to say about officer and Nicks Kids coach, Jeff Joyce: ”Jeff always strives for perfection. He always wants to raise the bar for us to become better individuals.” And here’s what Officer Joyce says about Roderick, who plays just about every position: “I always notice the love and care he has for a lot of our smaller kids in the program. He takes that little extra time to play with them or make them laugh.”